Provide a full description so that visually impaired students understand the content.
Consider using a Microsoft Word document to create a description and insert the document next to the chart or graph
Points: 3 (Essential)
QM Alignment: 8.2
Building on standard 10.4, any charts, graphs, and diagrams should also be accurately described for students.
- Complex figures should have rich descriptions
- Figures should be usable in black and white
- Consider sharing data tables alongside graphs or charts.
- Slow Reveal Graphs is a pedagogical technique for enhancing student interpretation of graphs by successively revealing and discussing components of a graph or chart or diagram.
- Use the Canvas Math Editor to create accessible math equations.
- Making charts accessible
- Visualization for the blind
- Accessible Equations
- Canvas Accessibility Checklist